Welcome to this blog!

Check out the amazing graphics work created by the same talented artist who did all the user interface and design work for iNim8 at: http://ravetan.weebly.com/

Friday, February 18, 2011

iNim8 Will Be On iPad

I think I am probably a little bit side-tracked these few days after reading the book "The Business of Iphone App Development" by Dave Wooldridge. It is an excellent book though. It talks so much about how to market your iPhone app. It makes me look back and realize that how many mistakes I have made while trying to market the app and how ignorant I was. I highly recommend it to any iPhone developers.  It has offered so much details and tips in iPhone Apps Marketing. A must have reference.

I also realize the reason of the majority of iOS developers not being able to make any profit on the AppStore. Short of marketing expertise or power.

iNim8 has been in store for about 2 months. The sales record is not so good. No, not impressive at all. As many other iOS developer has experienced with, I got some pretty negative review about the free version from some customer who has obviously not taken any time reading instructions and help or watching the built-in video tutorial.  Nevertheless, a shining 5-Star review for the paid version in the British store is quite encouraging. I also received some emails from interested customers requesting new features and improvements.

Hence despite the fact that my app is not making much money, I will continue to support and improve this app. In addition to that, I am also planning on an iPad version of "iNim8". And it is not going to be just "an iPad version". It is going to have more features for sure. I think I will add in more tools for template creation, make the selection much easier, give it a completely different user interface design and allow user to add sound or music into the animation clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment